Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Thank You! And update!


I'm online! OK - I've been online a bit before this, but haven't felt up to the task of blog update.

First, I want to thank everyone who kept an eye on the birth proceedings. Cal read me your comments between contractions and I can't express how good it was to hear your words of encouragement and to enjoy your speculations about Cleo's dimensions. It helped brighten the mood and keep us focused on the end goal - meeting our sweet baby girl!

As for Cleo, she's gorgeous, wonderful and she smells way better than Dan. She has a precious smile and shiny newborn blue eyes. As you've already seen in pictures, she looks just like her daddy. On occasion, she wrinkles her forehead and in those moments I can see a bit of myself. She's very calm and loves to cuddle, but can sleep on her own. As I understand it, this makes me very lucky, and much cleaner/well fed than many new mothers. She thinks her fingers are delicious and finds them frequently to calm herself. She lost a bit more weight at first than the pediatrician likes, but is on her way back to fighting weight. We have a dr. appointment this afternoon to confirm that all is well.

Firsts: She shed her first tears today. Wow, I don't think I was prepared for that. It was cute, sad and sweet all at the same time. I took a picture, but it is nsf-blog after review. Instead I've given you a very sweet sleeping photo taken just now as she naps beside me on the couch.

Grandma Chris is still with us and has been a great help and support. We can't thank her enough!

As for me, I feel pretty good - certainly much better than I expected. Really, I'm just tired. I'm really looking forward to full recovery so I'll have the strength to shop. Cal and I are very excited to indulge our desire for frilly girl clothes for Cleo.

For those of you who will continue to read the blog, I'll do my best to have regular updates of our favorite lady!

Thanks again to everyone!

Much Love!
-Stacia

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's beautiful Stacia.....I appreciate the updates and new pics since we can't be there. Take advantage of the help from Grandma Chris (that sounds weird!!!!). Hope to see you soon.

Aunt Jen

Anonymous said...

She is just LOVELY! And, based on my other friends' bleary-eyedness who have had new babies in the past six months, apparently you are luckier than the usual parents.

Best!: Quinn

Anonymous said...

We had dinner with Fords and Prathers last Sat. night. We were very proud to print Cleo's pictures and take them to show off. I have a nice 8x10 on the wall also. Sounds like all is going like it should; however, I think you should dab some baby powder behind Dan's ears so he at least has a fighting chance to smell almost as good as Cleo. Love to you all
GG Gwen and Gordon

Anonymous said...

Ledbetters!!! Shed is so beautiful can;t wait to hold her think of you all often Take Care Love Liz

Anonymous said...

Love the milky chubs.
Jana

Anonymous said...

From your friends in Middle America, you are blessed. We hope to hold her on our next visit to the NW. Give her an Iowa hug. Love, T&J