Saturday, November 22, 2008

Still pregnant. And I'm ok with that.


As of today I'm three days overdue. I had thought my due date was 11/20, only to be told by my midwife that apparently it was the 19th. Oops. Anyhow, I'm now a few days past due and still feeling pretty good. I think I may be having sporadic contractions, but so far they don't seem to be consistent, and they are pretty short. They could just be more intense braxton-hicks contractions. My midwife also told me on Thursday that I was 50% effaced and 1cm dilated. So looks like things are coming along.

We ran into one of our midwives at the grocery store today and she said that effacement is usually a better indicator than dilation of impending labor. So - we're looking good!

I have a feeling baby won't be too much longer, but who really knows? I'm just so grateful that this pregnancy thing has gone so well. It's not the most comfortable physical experience of my life, but it's also not the worst. Actually, I've really enjoyed being pregnant. I've been sleeping pretty well, my digestion seems just fine, and per Cal's last post, I can still wear heels if the occasion demands it.

Cal and I are spending the rest of today doing last minute house cleaning. Really, there's not much left to do, but we figure that with anticipating two weeks of moms in our house, we may as well be thorough. Also, all the movement is good for helping shake baby down. We've also been doing a lot of walking around the neighborhood: to the art store, drug store and grocery store. Once we're done with housework, I think we'll go for another walk. Shake, shake!

1 comment:

emily said...

I can't wait to see pictures and hear about parenthood! I am so happy for you guys :-)