Saturday, November 8, 2008

Phyllis - a green bough


Early Wednesday morning (around 3am or so) I had an intense dream where all the names Cal and I have considered for baby were on a ballot - and I had to vote for the appropriate first/middle combo. On the ballot was a new name for middle-name consideration. Phyllis. This is not a name I find particularly attractive, and I don't know where I might have encountered it recently, but it pervaded the remainder of my dreams until I awoke that morning. I jumped out of bed and went to the baby name book to find the meaning, "Green bough". Cute enough. Once Cal awoke, I told him I was pretty sure our baby's middle name needed to be Phyllis. He immediately gagged and told me the name was awful. So, I guess Phyllis will not be a part of TamDam's future. Except that I now feel compelled to use Phyllis in place of TamDam as my new fetus name. Feel free to refer to baby as Phyllis until we actually pick a name.

On another note, I completely neglected to blog about my awesome baby shower experiences here at home. My friends Dana and Margaret threw Cal and I a wonderful baby shower where we enjoyed time with friends and received some great things for baby. Thanks so much!

Also, a belated shout out to my incredible team at Microsoft who celebrated with all three of us prego's on the team. Yes, three ladies on one team - all due within days of each other. Must be all the Talking Rain.

No comments: