Wednesday, November 26, 2008

41 weeks and counting

Today baby is 41 weeks old in in-utero years. Either I'm a slow baby baker, or my womb is incredibly comfortable, because baby doesn't seem to be in a huge rush to come out. But who can blame baby? It's getting cold outside!

Cal and I spent time this morning with the medical folks to ensure that Phyllis' room and board is sufficient, and all looks good. We did have an ultrasound, and once again baby played camera shy. This time, the hand was covering the face above the nose, so we were able to see squishy cheeks and a button nose, but the eyes were covered. I think baby gets that from Dan. He hates the camera and always turns away when it comes out. He's practically an aborigine.

*TMI Warning*
As for progress, my cervix is continuing to dilate, almost to two centimeters now. Also, I'm effaced to nearly 75%. To help progress further, we opted to "sweep the membranes" which apparently encourages release of more of the prostoglandins, which continue to get my cervix ready for delivery. We'll see what happens.
*TMI Warning End*

At this stage, we're looking good to enjoy Thanksgiving with friends, so I'll head to the store for the fixin's for Green Bean Casserole. Yum!! Why is heavily processed food so delicious! I'm sure baby will love it!

I feel like this year I have so much to be thankful for, I don't even know where to start. I'll just name a few things here:

Cal - you are the best husband anyone could hope for. You're incredibly handsome, caring, compassionate and funny. You rock my world. I'm so grateful to have you.

Baby - I haven't even seen you yet, and I'm already in love with you. I can't wait to meet you on the outside and see what kind of person you are.

Dan - You make me laugh, you annoy me, and you smell wonderful. I love our afternoon cuddles and I love you.

Friends - Wow - so many people I'm so thankful for in so many ways. All the support and encouragement this year has been incredible. It makes me more hopeful for bringing my wee one into this world.

I'm thankful to God that I've been so incredibly blessed this year in general. Literally, Thank God!

I hope you have a fabulous Thanksgiving!

No comments: