Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Only a few days

Posted by: Cal

It's only a few days away till Stacia and I come home to the Tri-Cities to celebrate the forthcoming TamDam with our families and friends. Man I'm excited, and here's why: I love parties. I LOVE them. But moreso, I love parties like these.
With most parties, you invite some friends, you have some food, you have some drinks, you listen to music, etc. etc. And usually these friends are friends you see enough to entail being invited to your party.
But special events like this one (and weddings, etc.) are great, because you get the chance to see people you haven't seen in a long time, and the people at the party get a chance to see people they haven't seen in a long time, or to meet new people.
Sometimes merging your friends can be bad news (my hippie friends don't always get along with my hipster friends, which is funny because those two words or so similar). But in cases like this people do get along. Maybe it's because you aren't just eating, drinking, and being merry; you're celebrating something. And I'm looking forward to celebrating with you.
I'm looking forward to seeing my family, Stacia's family, my friends, and Stacia's friends all come together in one place. It's going to be a fun day, and I can't wait.

So here's some reminders/notes about this party:
1) Brunch will be served, no need to bring anything edible.
2) Please bring a bottle of champagne, if you'd like, to throw into the memosa mix
3) There will also be kid friendly/non-drinker beverages
4) Kids are welcome to come.
5) This is a Co-Ed party, so Greg, Wayne, etc., don't be scared to attend. The Ledbetter brothers, as well as many other men will be there, so don't be nervous that you'll be the only dude, 'cause you won't.
6) Baby Ledbetter is registered at Target.
7) The address on the invite is residential, so look for the house with the balloons out front.

See ya there!

No comments: