Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Thanks

posted by: Cal

Guess what time it is? It's time for a similblog! What's a similblog, you ask. Well, it's when two or more different people blog about the same thing at the same time, but from different perspectives.
Today Stacia and I will be blogging about our Baby Party.
Stacia and I drove out to the Tri-Cities on Friday evening to land at my parents' house to have enough time to head to bed to prepare for the next day.
I woke up bright and early and headed to the grocery store. Six dozen eggs later, and I'm in the kitchen cooking.
As guests arrive, my dad and I are scrambling eggs, frying sausage, restocking champagne, and baking biscuits, which we do for most of the morning (thanks for the help, Dad!).
I couldn't believe the turn-out!
Guests sipped on mimosas and ate brunch while milling about my parents' back lawn.
The morning was tormented by the chance of rain, but some quick tarp-stapling by my dad and Casey, and that was that. Of course, Stacia and I aren't going to let a little rain affect things (plus, please, we're from Seattle, and what was happening I can barely call rain).
Anyway, the sun came out right in time, and we enjoyed lovely Tri-Cities weather.
It was so great to see friends and family. And we're so glad you came.
And thank you for all the nice gifts you gave us and our baby. We appreciate it so much.

No comments: