Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Stuff is good.

Cal and I are back after visiting the Tri-Cities for our first Baby Party this weekend. We had an awesome time with our oldest friends and family, celebrating the impending arrival of TamDam.

As an unexpected side-effect of all this partying, my nesting instinct has officially arrived. As I was tearing paper on the first gift, I felt a strange sensation of greed mixed with the desire to hoard/hide all the gifts. I don't consider myself to be a materialistic person, but it felt strangely like what I imagine that characteristic to be. Apparently my nesting instinct wasn't absent, as I had previously suspected, but was merely hiding itself until the day I had something to nest with. After the gifts were open, I wanted to immediately leave for home to fold, examine, touch and enjoy them - while safely placing them in wait for baby inside my house.

On the positive side, I'm sure this behaviour is hormone induced, and not an indication of an unhealthy attachment to material goods that may continue into my future. So I'll relax, and enjoy trying out all of baby's blankets in advance, smelling the soaps and folding and refolding the onsies to my heart's content.

I really want to thank everyone who made it to the shower. Cal and I enjoyed seeing you all so much and really appreciate the support and love! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

No comments: