Thursday, April 1, 2010

A new start

Babs -

Tomorrow will be my last day at work. I'm leaving the 9 to 5 world to spend my days with you. I can't express how excited I am at this change. The last few weeks have seemed to creep by slowly as I anticipate our future days together.

I've loved my job - my team is great and I enjoy the projects. I realize it even more now as I document the work I was doing to leave in capable hands - part of me wants to hang on to see things through. But the larger part of me knows that you are my real work. You are the greatest opportunity I have to leave lasting impact in this world, the true marker of my success in life.

I've wondered if I'll be bored without the intellectual stimulation of a job. But when I consider your rate of development and rapid move into toddlerhood, I can't imagine a role requiring more effort and creativity and inspiring more joy in my life.

I love you and can't wait for day 1 of my new gig!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow--that's a big change! And congratulations! Last time talked, I know you were really wrestling with what you wanted to do. Cleo's a little girl!!

Sarah said...

I meant "lucky" girl, though she is still a "little" girl, too....