Wednesday, November 4, 2009

One month away. Otherwise known as: 11 Months!


Cleo -

You're 11 months old, and as always, I'm floored at how quickly this time has passed. I recall days when you were first born where I wondered if I'd have the strength to get through your babyhood, and yearned for the future when you would be three years old, and in my mind, something I could handle. Now I live on the other end of the spectrum, wanting to slow down each day, each minute, to stretch it as long as possible with you. You change so much, so quickly. Each day bringing a new skill or expression.

For all intents and purposes, you are walking. Well, I shouldn't go that far. You are stepping. You stand up on everything and take several steps before falling down. Your current record is seven steps in a row. You have really amazing balance and you fall very well. By that, I mean that you fall gracefully, and have the muscle control to stop yourself from falling in a way that might hurt you.


You are also hysterically funny. You continue to make the scrunched nose face, which makes me think that if you looked up mischievous in the dictionary that your sassy smile would be there. You always seem to be having a great time. You're extremely outgoing and haven't exhibited any shyness of strangers or fear of anything really. You seem to be more interactive than most of your friends, but I say that with the caveat that I'm extremely biased, and it's possible that I just recognize your subtleties.

You're starting to say a few words. Distinctly and consistently you've been saying hi and often wave along with it. I also hear you say Daddy and we think you've said Dan. We've heard you say Mom, but I still am not sure that it's in relation to me instead of just making a noise. You continue to sign for milk, more and all done. I've been lazy about teaching you other words because these seem to be working well for us. The cutest thing is that you've learned to say moo when we ask you what the cow says. Seriously, it's really cute.


I have more to say, but at this point am holding out in anticipation of your Birthday post. Suffice it to say that the party planning has begun.

Sweet lady baby - I love you so much! As your Daddy often says, you are such a cool person!

I love you,
-Mommy

No comments: