Saturday, September 5, 2009

Nine Months - Kapow!


Babs -

You are now nine months old. You are active and tenacious. I love watching you push yourself to do new things. You make me laugh and you make me happy.

Stats:
16lbs 9oz (12th percentile)
28.5 inches (85th percentile)

Due to your slender status, Dr. Hadley has recommended we start putting butter on all of your food. Auntie Margaret says you are the reason people say, "light as a feather, stiff as a board," because you are so slim, and you prefer to stand. So if someone is setting you down, you refuse to bend at the waist. It's cute and charming.

You are on the move! As you recall from your eight month update, you started crawling. Now you've graduated to pulling yourself up to standing and "cruising". To me, cruising sounds like a teenage activity that is generally frowned upon by adults. However, in baby lingo, cruising refers to walking along items of furniture, tightly clutching on for dear life to avoid falls. You my lady, do not clutch in fear, but instead bravely move about the house.

You've continued to enjoy swimming with friends.


And swimming in the tub!


You've even started feeding yourself.

We've ended up with new nicknames for you again, and Babs is our current favorite. I still call you Nugget and often call you Chicken. Whatever we call you, you remain awesome!

Lady, you are so much fun. You are bright and beautiful, sweet and incredible. You teach me so much. Thank you.

I love you!
-Mommy

No comments: