Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day! Yay!




Cleo, yesterday we celebrated our first Mother's Day. It was wonderful. You slept in, and when you woke up we cuddled while daddy made me a wonderful breakfast of banana-buckwheat pancakes and strawberry syrup. Concurrently, I made you a breakfast of mashed avocado. You made some pretty funny faces! Dan lingered closely, hoping you'd drop some. As I predicted, Dan's affection for you is growing along with your menu.

Confession: On the way back from Bartell's today, we stopped and bought a paper from our regular Real Change guy. I was carrying you in the bjorn. I walked away, reading the headlines and suddenly, thwack! I walked us into a street sign pole. You had a moment of shock, and then began a really sad scream. Baby girl, I'm so sorry! I've heard that all parents drop their babies at least once. So far that hasn't happened and I'm hoping this is the worst thing I do to you. I walked home rapidly, nervously groping your shoulder and arm to see if I had broken you. Once I got home I pulled you out of the bjorn and daddy checked you out. You were completely ok. I cried a little bit. Then I was ok too. Once again, I'm really sorry.

No comments: